• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Layering

wes70

Break the logo apart. Cut each layer with registration "peep" holes or a border. Align and apply the layers on top of each other (one at a time).

I just confused the hell out of ya... didn't I?

Go to tutorials... I think there is a vinyl layering tutorial there.

phatkatdecals

Break the logo apart. Cut each layer with registration "peep" holes or a border. Align and apply the layers on top of each other (one at a time).

I just confused the hell out of ya... didn't I?

Go to tutorials... I think there is a vinyl layering tutorial there.

lol, not totally, how do i brake the logo apart? do i use corel draw to do this or can i use great cut?

sorry for all the dumb questions, but i have to learn some how, lol

Ponto

:banghead:...could complete that task with my eyes closed but never did get around to buying my own plotter............maybe your strength exists in sales... if I asked how you were able to secure the job without the skills to complete it, would that be offensive......:omg:

JP

trickedout

Maybe your program has the option to check or select which color gets cut. So select each color per what roll of vinyl you have loaded in the machine. Also something that simple i wouldnt even bother with registration marks as much as just use clear masking paper and start from bottom to top.. Id layer the top too together and then layer the bottom two but dont press too hard as you will need to remove the mask from the bottom section to be able to layer the top to the bottom.. Also if or when you think you need registration marks a decent sized + will do the trick.

Ponto

.....or you could purchase a printer and not worry about the layers at all.....but most importantly......enjoy the journey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:thumb:

JP

Jillbeans

In Corel, this is how I do it.
I won't dazzle you with terms like kerning or welding or converting to curves.
You can use any shape you like for the registration points, I prefer something with corners to help me line them up.
Remove the registration points afterwards, unless you want your layout to look really fancy.
And don't pre-assemble the layers.
I put the first one down dry and use Rapid Tac on the subsequent layers.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Layas.jpg
    Layas.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 126