• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LC head streaking during test prints any idea of cause?

CustomRide

Hey guys I just put some new head manifolds and dampers on a roland soljet printer with dx4 heads. I did remove all the head cables from the head then re-inserted them on the head when done. Everything is tight in the carriage in regards to cables being pushed all the way in, good resistance when pulling ink through lines via syringe so no leaks.....its just when I go to do several test prints it looks like the light cyan head sprays ink out in a brush stroke effect. I did a system report where normally only black ink is used and it still shot ink out.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any reply!

Attachments

• IMG00080-20100901-0736.jpg
    IMG00080-20100901-0736.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG00081-20100901-0736.jpg
    IMG00081-20100901-0736.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 75

artbot

first TURN OFF THAT MACHINE! YOU ARE GOING TO FRY IT. make sure you've not got some wire crossed. or ink on a print head board, or ink in the print head plug. you head adapter might be leaking onto the print head.

that's not streaking, that is a head printing random data.

CustomRide

now the lm print head will not fire. I think its a head and board problem. The lm head wont print now and it was fine yesterday. So I think the lc head was bad and caused the C sections of print heads to now not fire properly. I hooked up blk head cables to LM head and it worked fine.

Ragnabrok

head cable issue popped the C group fuse. fuse is the size of a grain of rice on most models, and hard but not impossible to solder a new one on.