• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LCD monitor has a keyline on screen?

gabagoo

I just noticed one of my monitors has what looks like a permanent key line about 1/4 wide on the screen. I was cutting some graphics and I saw it there and tried to marquee it but it is not in the program but on the actual screen. Does thi smean my monitor is going to be toast soon?

I have an LG monitor that all of a sudden had a small thin pink line from top to bottom a 1/2" form the left edge of the screen. The line stayed there for a couple of months and then started disapearing sections at a time. There is still about an 1 1/2" at the bottom of the monitor. Doesn't bother me since it is only used for email or internet. It's been this way for about a year and a half.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
I've owed a few LG things, and they all took a shit way sooner than they should have.

LG makes CRAP!

genericname

Sounds like a series of stuck (or dead) pixels. I've heard of others sort of kick-starting them again by applying light pressure to the area, but I've never had luck with that method. Sometimes, as with Finishline's case, they just come back to life on their own eventually.

You might also try some flash-based apps that are supposed to help the problem with seizure-inducing flashes of multiple colours. Hadn't had luck with that myself either though.

gabagoo

This morning it is now 1/2" long. hmmmm. OK I pushed the screen on them and now it looks like a blurred scar....getting worse, and now it looks greeny blue lol.. I guess this monitor will be toast shortly.

S

Sign-Man Signs

No matter what monitor you have, these guys can fix it for half the cost of a new one. I've had two done by them. A 19" and a 22". $75.00 dollars each and they work fine. Here's the link.

http://themonitorplace.com/

For my personal use, I have a HDTV Polaroid Flat Screen TV, 36". I can do two or three applications at once.

genericname

My bad, other boards online refer to this as possibly a problem with the horizontal sync circuit, or messed up capacitors. The latter is easy to replace if you can solder and you easily notice capacitors that are bloated, but if it's the former, you're probably better off getting it repaired or trashing it all together.