Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lead free inks

Discussion in 'Think Green!' started by WestcoastSigns, Jan 6, 2012.

1. WestcoastSigns

WestcoastSigns Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Had a customer ask if our inks were lead free. I said I would try to find out but seems harder to find out than I thought.

I had presumed no but now not sure if our printing inks do have lead in them like paint. We use the Eco-sol inks from Roland and can only find through marketing speak that they dont emit harmful VOC's.

Has anyone had to ask the question before or know?

Thx

Tags:
  2. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    I've never seen lead on the MSDS. There is nickel in the yellow, I believe. You can get eco-sol max MSDS from roland's site to double check.

3. john1

john1 Guest

I don't think there is but the yellow is the only ink that has a may cause cancer warning due to it having nickle.

4. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

Dont drink it)))))

5. WestcoastSigns

WestcoastSigns Member

Aug 22, 2009
    I've looked at MSDS sheets before for other information but afraid it may be called some type of chemical compound that I don't know means lead.

I've seen some people saying it's non toxic but don't know where they got that info. Does that mean you can drink it? :smile:
    Didn't know nickel was bad for you. Have a few in my pocket.