• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lead generation via website...

joshuamalachi

OK...so I'm trying to put some things together that would allow us to collect email address and name.

what kinds of information or deal would your customers want to give up a name and email? Basically, we were going to market through autoresponder and email marketing to let people know what's going on.

We're an embroidery / screen printing company as well as signs, so I was thinking of offering 3 different types of information, unless there is a generic topic (5 ways to go out of business and how to avoid them) that all businesses could use.

I was trying to develop information based on business that would be of interest to business owners, purchasing people, or marketing people. should this be article based, or some type of special (ie: free setup or art, $25 to give us a try...etc)

and before you bash the give them $25 to try us idea...if your service and quality is so good, wouldn't $12.50 be cheap to buy a customer? (assuming you provided service that really wow'd them) I'm thinking about sending out gift cards to people we want to do business with.

sorry to ramble...just have a lot going through my head for the new year looking for ways to proactively go after business.

Jon Aston

Sounds like you are on the right track to me.

Do yourself a favour and make a point of getting ahead of the game in content development. I would also recommend using a blog to post content, and using your newsletter as a sort of "hook and link" monthly digest (Headers, summaries, "click to read") of the best of your blog articles. BTW, your blog can also automatically update your social networking accounts.

Let us know how you make out!

Edserv

If you really want to know how to master the web, join or buy past info about "Stompernet.com" I joined about 5 years ago (I'm currently no. 4 for "vinyl banners" if you search google) (and still have a ways to go to get decent conversion,) but it will help you.

Good luck!
Chris
Lets Go Banners Dot Com
search "vinyl banners" on Google"

Jon Aston

No offense, Chris, but your home page is uber-busy. I can't even tell where to look, or what I'm looking at. If I landed there as a consumer, I would be gone in 3 seconds. What's your bounce rate like? I would suggest testing a much simpler landing page and comparing results.

astro8

No offense, Chris, but your home page is uber-busy. I can't even tell where to look, or what I'm looking at. If I landed there as a consumer, I would be gone in 3 seconds. What's your bounce rate like? I would suggest testing a much simpler landing page and comparing results.

+1 I just looked at your site Chris....Jeez.

weaselboogie

Ditto, tons of info, but the organization is a train wreck.

iSign

I imagine Chris has less time available for web design if he's busy selling vehicle magnets for $14.95 when the rest of us get $150-$200

Wes Phifer

I was thinking of a news letter. It would be nice if there was a service for us that offered good newsletter articles and/or info. The time to create each month would be taxing on a small shop. I love the idea though.

I also like the gift card idea. I might try that one. Any other imput on ideas to create business would be a great topic.