• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lead time for large quotes

Bigdawg

Just Me
This is for those of you that do more complicated monument signs or signs that require a co-ordination of services... and anyone else that has some thoughts :smile:

When quoting a sign that may need prelim engineering, sign-code research or outsource services (such as electrical, masonry or stone work)... how much time does it generally take you to provide a quote to the customer? Some of the signs we are being asked to quote are pretty complicated with quotes needed from our vendors before we can even begin to crunch numbers. Others need some prelim engineering questions answered by the pros before we can determine what is safe and what is structurally needed. From initial contact, the quotes can take a while for us to get out because of all the prelim work needed (site visits, quote requests) and sometimes the customers are a little impatient.

visual800

i like 2 weeks time. I did have a call from a large construction firm ona VA building and they called on thurday and needed quote on monday. I told them thanks for calling Im not interested...uncalled for

As a wholesale supplier... we always tell our clients to give us a call if you need immediate assistance (aka your client is asking for a quote in a day or 2). We will then ask you to send over any artwork/prelim design you may have or provide us with as many details as possible. The guys in our customer service department can generally assist you with structural questions and brainstorming in regards to the best method of manufacturing and pairing our monument sign structure with an external component. We had our product independently tested and approved to withstand 175 mph winds and can provide sign shops with that information, however, if their client requires a stamped drawing from an engineer they would need to allocate the time necessary to do that. I guess my answer would be to give yourself 2 days for standard-medium quotes and at least a week for complex quotes that require additional research. Always keep in mind, sign shops are in business to make a profit :) If you need help... Peachtree City Foamcraft would love the opportunity to earn the title of your monument sign supplier of choice. Check us out online www.foamcraft.info.

Bigdawg

Just Me
I already love to work with Hawk and Gary (even if he is a Seminole fan. Go Gators!). Y'all give us great turn-around on quotes. Straight monument signs usually get quoted pretty quickly. It's the custom construction ones that can be time-consuming!