• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Learn CPR... NOW! It's that important...

ndemond

Stacy almost 19 years to the day it happened to my then 1 year old. Swimming was over for the day and she got back in the pool when no one was watching. I close my eyes and still see the pink ruffled bottom of her suit in the water. The only non swimmer in the group saw her at the same time. Needless to say he swam that day and pulled her to the side. She was blue but turning her on her side got her breathing again.

We now have an adult posted on the steps at all times, when the kids were old enough they tool CPR and lifesaving at the Y.

If at a swim party one of the little ones comes up missing, look at the bottom of the pool first. Seconds count as Stacy's precious granddaughter proved yesterday. Good to hear she is doing better today.

Nancy

7oaks

glad it turned out ok. but.. at 2 years old she should have been drowned proofed by now. I drowned proofed mine at less than year. I admit, it is scarey but when I saw my 2 year old fall in the pool, his grandmother almost passed out when I just walked over to him. He was already holding on the the side when I got there. His training took over.

Ken

signgal

glad it turned out ok. but.. at 2 years old she should have been drowned proofed by now. I drowned proofed mine at less than year. I admit, it is scarey but when I saw my 2 year old fall in the pool, his grandmother almost passed out when I just walked over to him. He was already holding on the the side when I got there. His training took over.

Ken

Excellent point, Ken! It's never too early! Mine were almost 2 and 3.

Cross Signs

We Make Them Hot and Fresh Everyday
WOW! Glad it was a happy ending, everyone should be able to calm down and get some rest.....in another week or two

Bigdawg

Just Me
That's a nice thought Ken...but there is no such thing as drown proof. I'm sorry... she knew how to dog paddle and keep her head above water without her floaties. I think she panicked - as I imagine any child her age might.

The story could have so been different. I'm still muttering prayers of thanks under my breath...

ddubia

That choked me up even though you qualified it first that she is ok. Praise God for a wonderful ending to a tragic story.

The white ghost. I don't know what to say about that. But coming from such a young child it's hardly something she made up. That thought is sticking with me.

Dave Drane

Stacy, I am so glad the outcome turned out ok, but as the others here have stated you already have so much on your mind, you did not need an incident like this.

Baz

I am happy to hear that everything went ok! A trully terifying ordeal to go through .. even more so with everything else that is going on with your life at the moment. Stay strong Stacy!

cdiesel

Glad to hear everything is okay Stacy. At our first poolside get together of the year my nephew fell in the pool. He was in for all of a second, but it scared the crap out of all of us. My brother Jason (baby's dad) reached around me and yanked him out of the pool before I could even get to him. Jason and I have talked since about having a CPR class taught at the shop for all of our employees. I think I may need to get off my butt and get it setup tomorrow.

GypsyGraphics

Stacey, i've been meaning to take CPR classes for the longest time... a scare like this is all i need.... not waiting for a tragedy to remind me.

Thanks so much for letting your story serve as the kick in the pants so many of us need.

ProWraps

contact your local red cross. they run a great CPR program. as a rescue diver, i have to be CPR certed as well as first aid. everyone should get it.

stacy, im glad everything worked out OK.

knifemaker3

Very Glad things worked out for the best, heard alot of storys about it, my wife is scared to death of it were our grandkids are they have a pool.
CPR is great but there is draw backs , dont get me wrong im in a class Tueday because I coach football and its a requirment but in my state for example a guy is fallen over at a busy resteraunt hes having a heart attack YOU WILL BE REQUIRED to perform cpr no matter if you have the mask or not no matter anything You have to do it if not and somebody says something you can be sued. Now to the other draw back in my state since you are cpr you have to stop at accidents to see if someone needs it, you have to in any public place, and say you perform your cpr and break a rib and anybody can do this even if you perform it correctly then the family or that person sues you its just the bad side of it. I also forgot this once you start cpr you cannot stop tell there breaathing or a dr says you can and let me tell you it well be hard to keep it up.
It is good to know but there is bad sides to it also.

Agreed. Having worked cpr on several victims of different events through the local volunteer fire dept. I'm on, it is very hard to keep it up. After about 2 minutes your arms will feel like putty. I carry a small pocket sized mask at all times just in case I don't have a regular mask with me at the time. And you will break ribs if you do it right or wrong. At least here in Missouri we have the good samaritan law that give some protection to those who attemp cpr to save a life.

Fortunately I've not had to do cpr on a baby yet....my son who is an emt I think has. Most events requiring cpr don't turn out nearly this well......

Glad everything is well with you and your family. You are very lucky!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Just to update...

They are going to keep her another day just to make sure. She is doing really, really good but they want to check EVERYTHING before they release her. Just fine by us.

About the white ghost... just going to say that Kenzy didn't tell her mom about that until the next morning when she was asked if she knew what happened. The night before though, one of the children (age 4) involved told her aunt that she saw an angel standing by Kenzy when Mark was doing CPR. Then the two kids that rescued her and ran down the hallway with her in their arms told their parents the night it happened that they saw an angel running with them. Different houses, different parents. Well before Kenzy told her mom about the white ghost.

No doubt about it for me... I believe.

stickermonkey

Just to update...

They are going to keep her another day just to make sure. She is doing really, really good but they want to check EVERYTHING before they release her. Just fine by us.

About the white ghost... just going to say that Kenzy didn't tell her mom about that until the next morning when she was asked if she knew what happened. The night before though, one of the children (age 4) involved told her aunt that she saw an angel standing by Kenzy when Mark was doing CPR. Then the two kids that rescued her and ran down the hallway with her in their arms told their parents the night it happened that they saw an angel running with them. Different houses, different parents. Well before Kenzy told her mom about the white ghost.

No doubt about it for me... I believe.

Glad that everything turned out the way it did. I have goosebumps from this white ghost story. wow!!

Kemble

WOW... Glad everything is ok now. I have an 18mo daughter and couldn't even imagine going through what your family has gone through.