• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Learned to rappel yesterday!

signmeup

Yesterday a friend of mine taught me how to rappel. We started on the steep sides of the local gravel pit and ended by rappelling out of my workshop attic. Good fun. Climbing up the sides of the gravel pit was a good workout too.
Now we're looking for a higher spot to come down.

Any climbers on here?

Attachments

• Rapelling3.jpg
    Rapelling3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:

signage

I know right? We were big fans of the Batman show when we were kids so this was kinda funny for us. I had one friend who jumped off the carport wearing a cheap Batman suit that didn't fit... good times.

See his friend is batman:Big Laugh

Salmoneye

I have been able to repel for years; women, money, customers with vision, luck... Like I am coated with Teflon!

iSign

use a tree for that "something higher" you were looking for. I've rapelled out of 100 trees, up to 180 ft. tall... but you need climbing spurs, and a D-ring belt with a flip line... but you can scale a huge old conifer with no limbs for the first 100 feet... makes a great rappel!

round man

That brings back memories of my billboard painting days,....One of us, either the boss or me would have accidentally dropped a tool pr brush and somebody had to go down and get it,...when you are six or seven stories up on a wall there is only one way down,...somebody had to rappel down and then slide back down the falls from the roof to return,..i can still remember the way those old manilla and hemp ropes would burn my bare hands and crotch if I got into too much of a hurry,...glad to see you guys using the right gear I suppose its alot easier that way,....

Tifosi

I had to hire a window washer at one point to install a banner on the side of a 100+ year old library. The terrain was too rough for a lift so I had him rappel off the roof and hang the banner for us. It made me really want to learn how to do that!!!

signmeup

I had to hire a window washer at one point to install a banner on the side of a 100+ year old library. The terrain was too rough for a lift so I had him rappel off the roof and hang the banner for us. It made me really want to learn how to do that!!!
There's probably a climbing club near you where you could learn. It's not very difficult.