• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Learned to rappel yesterday!

Tifosi

There's probably a climbing club near you where you could learn. It's not very difficult.

Yeah, the guy we hired was a Search and Rescue member for the Red River Gorge area and offered to give me lessons but finding the time is the hard part. Some day I will take the time to get outfitted and learn to climb and rappel safely!

Billct2

I got to do some great rappleing out at Ft Lewis in WA while visiting a friend stationed there. Also on some cliffs in NH.
My brother got to do the helicopter bit while in the airborne.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Is that what you were getting ready for back then ??​

Doesn't make any sense, but then, I'm just back from a long weekend................. :Oops:

Attachments

• kool_aid_man_waving.jpg
    kool_aid_man_waving.jpg
    183.8 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Bill Modzel

I learned back in high school cave club. Back than we didn't have those fancy connections though. The rope when through your legs, around your torso and over your shoulder and you held and controlled the tag end behind your back.

We learned in gravel pits too. It seems that they put the nix on us rappelling off the gymnasium roof for some reason. . .