• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lease on equipment

royster13

One peice of equipment would seem better suited to be bought than leased UNLESS there was a 1 year lease just to see how it would go

You can not make that statement without doing a "business case" to see where the numbers end up.....For some the writeoffs of a lease will put them in a better position...For others, a cash purchase might be better.....

graphix45

I think everyone on this forum is right in one sense or another. I'm glad you all are here to ask opinions and bounce ideas off of. Thanks so much for the help.

artbot

with all this discussion about leases, can anyone recommend some leasing companies that are graphics equipment friendly? i'm assuming that some companies might better understand the production/profit capabilities of new graphics equipment.

i leased my first printer. had no idea of even how to use it properly. it sat in my house with the fans running for almost a year and a half before it really started to produce money (fj50 for $17,500). i'd say only lease or borrow if you know that you can plug that printer in and be making money in a week or less. otherwise buy some used equipment and get familiar with the business and product.

i want to pull the trigger on a new printer and need some referrals!

visual800

You can not make that statement without doing a "business case" to see where the numbers end up.....For some the writeoffs of a lease will put them in a better position...For others, a cash purchase might be better.....

were you a damn CPA or an engineer before you got in this business you sure do love to jump thru damn hoops to make simple decisions. Does anything get done in your command? DO you make decisions?

LenR

I did a lease with them once.
I'd jump off a cliff before doing another one wth them.
BE WARNED.

artbot

i'm starting off with balboa capital. did a lease with them about ten years ago with no issues at all. sent my application in last night to see what kind of a deal they'll give me.

royster13

were you a damn CPA or an engineer before you got in this business you sure do love to jump thru damn hoops to make simple decisions. Does anything get done in your command? DO you make decisions?
So are you saying you would go out and buy or lease a piece of equipment without taking the time to figure out if you need it or can afford it?.....