• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leasing an Edge..FX or 2...

I've been doing a lot of research on these little buggers and I am considering getting my hands on an Edge 2 or FX... I know the 2 allows for refills and the FX does not so costs are a bit higher on the FX...downside is the Edge 2 isn't in production anymore but there still seems to be some new ones available...

I'm planning to use this for Motocross graphics and decals.

What do you guys recommend and is leasing worth it? Anyone currently lease one, and if so what's it run for the set-up...also looking into the matching cutter, envision 375.

Thanks

beckys

go over to 4edgetalk.com, alot good info on both. Do searches-
i leased my edge1 8-9 years ago, still got it.
seems to me fx had/has issues, your search on edetalk will give you more info.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Older Edge printers are very expensive to repair. If you find a new Edge 2, Do Not let the service plan expire! It cost $800. per year and it is transferable . If you let it laps it will cost $2,200 from there on out. The FX had some issues but I believe they ironed most of them out.
If I were in your shoes I'd be looking at the FX, Envision, Omega package or the Summa DC4sx for thermal printing.

Wow...I never even researched the summa printers! I am considering selling my versacamm sp-540V and getting the new Summa dc4sx...what a fantastic machine! I hardly ever use the 54" capacity and I feel I could still print what the versacamm could with the dc4sx... The printer seems like it is priced well also.

How is the costs as far as foils etc... It sounds like you don't have to laminate most of the items you print and the fact that it can die cut as well as contour is awesome!

I need to know if this can be printed with registration marks though and then laminated still for the motocross graphics... Will this machine handle cutting 12mil worth of material? That is my biggest question...perhaps it would still be worth it to have a seperate cutter for doing the motocross graphics. Either way I think it far out weighs the hassles of profiels etc. with the versacamm and the laminate/cut issues.

I am going to do more research on this printer...you have really peaked my interest!!!

Thanks Mike...