• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

leaving jr on overnight

Klink

Hey guys....is it a good idea to leave the printer on all the time, is there a self cleaning mode when the unit is left on for a certain amount of time, and if there is no self cleaning is it possible to set it up in a way to self clean every 6 hours or so...

Thanks
Lou

JoshLoring

Mines been on 6 years and never shut down except for moving. It powers down when it needs to and cleans itself. -Roland

chorca

I turn my Falcon 46" off after I'm done using it. So far we've been using it approximately every other day, and i've never had an issue. Usually I just do a quick nozzle check before i start printing that day, and then a cleaning if it's needed. Haven't had any issues, but found that keeping the wiper blade nice and clean has really helped fix issues with misdirected nozzles and normally I just do one cleaning now.

I just shut it off to lower some of the power draw, since I'm not printing constantly, just a few hours each time I use it.

Klink

thanks for the response...im sure some one here at the forums had written a program that periodically prints a test print just to keep the jets firing. Has anyone come across that program. I have just replaced both heads and im leaving in two weeks for holidays, the last thing i want to do is have jr sit idle for 10 days.

Thanks

chorca

I'd think as long as the head is on the capping station it shouldn't be that bad, the solvent used in the inks dries slowly. Even the ink that sat for 3 years in the lines on my machine was still fluid when i started flushing it. Might need to do a cleaning or two when you get back.. not sure about something to run test prints though.

Graphics2u

thanks for the response...im sure some one here at the forums had written a program that periodically prints a test print just to keep the jets firing. Has anyone come across that program. I have just replaced both heads and im leaving in two weeks for holidays, the last thing i want to do is have jr sit idle for 10 days.

Thanks
At one time there was a thread on here talking about a batch file that someone made to send a small test print via IP address to their printer. Then they scheduled it to run every 12 hours or something. I searched for it but no luck.