• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leaving on Vacation for a week.. a few questions on the printer

Slack11

I'm leaving for about 7 days, and need to clean out the printer to be put out of use for that long. I have bought the cleaning cartridges, and plan on doing that before I leave, but is there anything else to consider? I read that putting in new capping station sponges is good, but I don't currently have any others to use.

Will flushing this with the cleaning cartridges be enough, or is there other things that need to be done.

Thanks in advance for any advice/ info.

TheSnowman

Oh man, I wouldn't flush the system just for leaving a week. Although I don't promote it, I have had an instance when I couldn't have anyone around to clean it for a week, but it isn't like the heads were going to dry up. It still keeps pumping ink while your gone. I just cleaned it really good before, and really good when I got home, and still runnin' like a champ. Like I said, I probably wouldn't promote it...but it can be done.

jiarby

If it is a VJ you should be OK leaving it alone... it does a cleaning a few times a day.

Slack11

This is a falcon outdoor jr. I don't think this will clean itself if it is left on, although I have never left it on for extended periods. If I have the cleaning carts should I clean it or leave it. I haven't used any cleaning carts in over 2 years

Slack11

If I clean and print before I go then have someone just run a clean after 4 days, then 4 days later come home, will that be enough??

Just don't want to return to a screwed up printer.

heyskull

I was off sick for a week. I knocked it back on after returning and it proceeded to do an ink charge!
When it finished all the ink cartridges stated they were empty even though they were nearly full!
Mutoh in the UK will not give me new smart cards so I am out of pocket by £300+ .
So my week off cost me big time!!!

SC

Slack11

Will this be allright???

This guy will be at my house to let our dogs out, but he really won't be able to print anything, he doesn't know how. I can walk him through the cleaning though (pretty simple)

Think this cleaning will be allright for when I get home?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
I would put a little extra cleaning fluid in the cleaning station and not worry about it. Just make sure the head is on the cleaning station when you leave. I have cleaned out heads that sat for 4 months without printing with little more than using a syringe to get it started again. 7 days should not be a problem.