• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leaving printer on

midnightmadman

I have a Prismjet Extra.
I'm wondering if there are ANY benefits to leaving it running at all times?
Does it do anything to keep itself clean, auto cleaning or anything like that?

FatCat

I only turn my printer on to print. It is shut off every night and all weekend. As long as your maintenance station is in good order (head seals correctly, no blocked drain lines, etc.) you shouldn't have much trouble. Even after being shut off for a weekend, I just run a normal cleaning and usually have a perfect nozzle test pattern.

*NOTE - your results may vary depending if you're using 3rd party ink, or if you don't keep your machine in excellent working condition.

Arstron

I only turn my printer on to print. It is shut off every night and all weekend. As long as your maintenance station is in good order (head seals correctly, no blocked drain lines, etc.) you shouldn't have much trouble. Even after being shut off for a weekend, I just run a normal cleaning and usually have a perfect nozzle test pattern.

*NOTE - your results may vary depending if you're using 3rd party ink, or if you don't keep your machine in excellent working condition.

This is how we have done our valuejet for the past 3 years.