• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED dimming and or flashing, not all of them...

cjsigns707

hi there, checking to see if anyone has seen this before...i usually see out completely or all dimming on the same power supply.
but there is a set of letters that is run by about 8 or 10 power supplys and some areas of the individual letters are either dimming and i saw 1 corner of a letter flashing. i've not seen where all the power supplys are going out at the same time...has anyone encountered this before. just asking....before i start testing the different power supplies or the LED strips...thanks!

MikePro

if a power supply is bad, the whole section goes-out. blinking LED's are a wiring issue, or a faulty diode.
LEDs are really simple to work with, and can be handled/wired while HOT (12v) BUT remember that behind the transformer is enough power to kill you, and should be locked&tagged-out if you are to do any work on the power supply. ...if you don't know how to lock-out/tag-out, then you should call a sign guy or an electrician.

What type / manufacturer of LED? It could be an assembly issue rather than a wiring. If the LED has visible screws that connect the board to the case, those screws could be either torqued down too much or too little causing a break in the circuitry.