• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question LED message centers and full color displays

Danny Dean

sign artist in wisconsin
Hello folks,
Say have any of you folks had experience buying these led cabinets from OLIVE LED? Its a chinese company based out of new york. The full color LED watchfire signs are awesome to add to your monumemt type signs, but are very cost restrictive and learning curve for sure. But what about the simple message centers, with white green and red copy with a handheld remote, which can be added to a sign structure for only a few hundred bucks? Anybody give me advice on what to watch out for, or if you have had experience with them or another company similar?

KMC

Graphic Artist
ask how often they upgrade or bring out new versions of the products, and if they keep parts in stock for the older versions after they have discontinued that product
we deal with Daktronics [HASHTAG]#MadeInTheUSA[/HASHTAG] and have nothing but great success with their products (they ship to Canada) and their support has been nothing but amazing

Regina

Hello folks,
Say have any of you folks had experience buying these led cabinets from OLIVE LED? Its a chinese company based out of new york. The full color LED watchfire signs are awesome to add to your monumemt type signs, but are very cost restrictive and learning curve for sure. But what about the simple message centers, with white green and red copy with a handheld remote, which can be added to a sign structure for only a few hundred bucks? Anybody give me advice on what to watch out for, or if you have had experience with them or another company similar?
Be cautious on cheap message units...they had flooded the market a few year ago. A lot of sign distributors sold them, but they had problems with remotes plus they had a short life. When the broke down there was no way to fix them.As they say you get what you pay for. On larger units stay with Watchfire,Optec,Your Signage Source,They have been around & products last.

letterman7

I've sold (1) EMU in the last year from Optec. I have to say while the product was initially great, I've had nothing but problems with the hardware. Been through 2 modems in the last 2 months and nobody can offer up a reason why.

visual800

tell your customer WATCHFIRE or DAKTRONICS or nothing...plain and simple. I have bid several jobs for LED message centers and have lost all bids to imported boards and over short length of time saw these fail.

mark galoob

i have an olive led sign on my window and its lasted a couple of years w/ no problems...does what its supposed to do so far...

Marlene

You get what you pay for. I've lost jobs to cheap crappy message boards someone else bid and smile when I see them not working. I wouldn't recommend going cheap. do it right the first time.