• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Reader Board

paul luszcz

A customer is looking for an LED reader board to go in his office window. He has selected a two line board 60" wide with red LED's.

I see many on the market from $500 to $1500. What are the important criteria for selection of a particular vendor/model?

Are some easy or difficulty to program? Are some brands more reliable than others?

How do I select a decent unit without wasting my customer's money (and ruining my reputation)?

Marlene

the places that we have bought LED message boards from are both really good. Watch Fire is the one we use all the time, Datronics is one we have used a few times. ours have all been big ones for exterior signs so I don't know if this is too much for the use you need. I do know that many a customer has gone off on their own to buy the cheap ones and from what I've seen, they fail pretty quickly

UFB Fabrication

While Daktronics makes a nice product they are also your competitor. My customer just lost a job to them and bought direct from Daktronics. It sucks when your supplier is your compitition.