• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Retro Fits

Sign-Man Signs

I have been coming across regular florescent tube signs that I would like to retro fit with LED. I've spoken to a couple of companies but not getting the results I want. Does anyone make a LED light kit for a two sided sign? I can buy all the parts but I think someone must have or sell a retrofit kit of some kind. Standard 4 x 8 cabinet is what I run into most.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
There are a number of LED lamps on the market that can directly replace a fluorescent lamp. Most of the big name LED manufacturers have a version. There are even some on Amazon.

Hicalibersigns

There are standard T series LED replacements. However, these can be problematic since they only output light on one side of the lamp. The GE solution seems the best approach to me, although it will require more labor than the replacement T series units.

MikePro

your LED/sign supplier should have the dbl-sided LED strips that fit into existing fluorescent sockets... all sizes.

otherwise, as stated above, amazon has options as well.

"Lite-Stick" is the brand my suppliers carry.

Hicalibersigns

MikePro, care to share your supplier with us. A search for Lite-Stick brings up all sorts of strange stuff. I recently had a retro job and all I could find was the one sided units. I would love to have a good source for the ones you describe.

Hmmmmm. Retrofit an old double sided monument sign composed of a 4 Ballast, T12 magnetic system to a T12 Electronic or LED?

$560 for T12's, or $12k with a GE or USLED system in materials.

What does you client want to pay?

Farren

Is there still a source for the US LED Tandem2's? I've got a 4 signs 20ft x 3ft that each have a strip out of comission.

Bxtr

We've bought the SignHero brand replacement bulbs. They are double sided and have worked well for us. Glantz has them available.
Otherwise we've gotten edge LEDs and put those around the entire frame and elimated the bulbs, the run about $4/per led, we get those from GOQ along with the transformers.

Farren

I reaaly appreciate the help on this. Great resources, I'm sure. I need to replace the individual strips. The owner has about 20 of these marquess areound his building (strip mall) and isn't gonna replace all the guts just because the occasional sign has a partial burned out module. I might have to just source the individual LED modules and rewire them onro the packs, i guess.