• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Led that looks like neon

Drip Dry

Does anyone know if there's such a thing as a led tube that looks like neon.
Maybe something like a plexi translucent tube with led's inside. I don't want bare led's or the plastic tubes that look like xmass lights.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Sloan LEDStripe, GE Tetra Contour, US LED Border Tube...most of the major LED manufacturers have a version.

OlsonSigns601

Stuff Like This?

NGlantz has it now.

Attachments

• DSCF1858.jpg
    DSCF1858.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 444
  • DSCF1859.jpg
    DSCF1859.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 471

mopar691

Stuff Like This?

NGlantz has it now.

Stuff is quite nice, I am re-doing a older very large neon with this currently and using about 140 feet of it. Nice, bright and even light at night too.

Also works great for dogs and I am sorry if I got a few grease drippings on there Mr Olson!!

Attachments

• MMMMM-Dogs.jpg
    MMMMM-Dogs.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 457

940AC

Sloan - has 3 great options.
Their "Colorline" product is brightest I have seen so far.
I used another product with a customer that was a "good deal" about 2 years ago and regret it. Had issues with sections shorting out.

Sloan will create a custom layout and eliminate or minimize any cuts in the field you would have to do.

FS-Keith

Just finished up a longhorn steakhouse package that included 400' of sloan. It is a nice product. fairly simple to use. Have not have any problems in the past with sloan exept power supplies

MikePro

o yes it exists... my most recent sign is wrapped in it and hallway is trimmed with, as well, at the new UW-Madison - DeJope Residence Hall:
attachment.php

(can't see in this photo, but the sign panel is stood-off the glass block 2inches with an aluminum panface that's wrapped in the stuff as well.)
cool stuff. pricey tho'.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    543 KB · Views: 1,065

MikePro

re-posted with a better photo.
still weeding through our installation pics and finding the good ones :)

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 3.jpg
    Picture 3.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,012
It works great for indoor, I just wouldn't use outdoor. Some of the MFG's depending in color, not impressed with the lumen maintenance. There have been some big failures for large outdoor exposed applications that have some harsh elements.