• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LED Twinkle

AKProbeGT

I have a customer who is looking to get a channel logo made and would like the LEDs to twinkle. Any ideas on how we could accomplish this? The best idea I have is to buy a string of twinkling Christmas lights and position them inside the channel logo and that's not satisfactory to me. I can't find a controller that seems like it would do this.

Katy Schenold

I have a customer who is looking to get a channel logo made and would like the LEDs to twinkle. Any ideas on how we could accomplish this? The best idea I have is to buy a string of twinkling Christmas lights and position them inside the channel logo and that's not satisfactory to me. I can't find a controller that seems like it would do this.

Did you find something that worked for this? We have a similar request and so far all we can find are twinkling Christmas Lights or addressable systems which are very costly.

oldgoatroper

Roper of Goats. Old ones.
If you're into DIY, then there are plenty of DIY projects out there that could be relatively easily adapted to LEDs in channel letters. Most use either a RaspberryPi or an Arduino for controllers. Might be pricey for your customer, but this kind of special request warrants extra charges.

ams

LED blinking is illegal in my city, so check with your local code before doing it.