• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ledco Econocraft Laminator Problem

njsignguy

Our 30" Ledco Econocraft laminator just stopped working. The machine was left in drive mode overnight with the emergency button pressed in. The next day, a employee was starting to use it and they usually use the foot pedal switch instead. They were using it for a few inches and then the rollers started to jerk as if the lam was caught. I pressed in the emergency switch to stop it and it did and then we started it again and it went for a few more inches and stopped again for good. Im not sure what exactly caused our problem, the machine in drive and foot pedal use simultaneously??? I replaced the fuse, i wasnt sure if it blew or not but changed it anyway. I opened up the side panels and i bypassed the tray relays and also the emergency button relays. So i ruled out those relays as a possible problem. The machine currently does nothing, i cant get a response from anything. I was checking around inside for any lose connections and couldnt find anything. I noticed there is a small red led on the main computer board which is not lit, is that supposed to be lit? Any suggestions?

Attachments

• lam-1.jpg
    lam-1.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 96
  • lam-2.jpg
    lam-2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 92
  • lam-3.jpg
    lam-3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 106

MikeH

Do you have the serial #? If you call LEDCO they can pull the card on it and tell you all about it. 585-367-2392. They support all the equipment they have ever made.

Drip Dry

Don't think I'm a jerk, but do you still have power at the plug.
From my experience, any time it quits running, it has always been an interlock.
I would check them again.