• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEDs on banner?? Anyone?

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
I have a client that is looking into getting led lights on a banner. They would light up a map that would be printed on the banner. It's for a fiber-optic company so they want to showcase their product basically by using the LEDs. How would I attach them? Is this possible to do? I've never heard of anyone doing this so any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

OlsonSigns601

Why spend the money on a banner with LED's.

If you are going to spend that kind of money why not have it on a sheet of DiBond or something?

ThinkRight

I have a client that is looking into getting led lights on a banner. They would light up a map that would be printed on the banner. It's for a fiber-optic company so they want to showcase their product basically by using the LEDs. How would I attach them? Is this possible to do? I've never heard of anyone doing this so any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated.

You could sew the lights ,wires, on with very thin fishing line.
Or you could glue the lights , wires on the back and punch hole to pushthe LED to the front.
More info on the type of LED's you will be using would help.

FS-Keith

I think that would cool with some sort of fabric. doesn't have to be cheap 13oz banner like most are thinking of

10sacer

I've done this before with some LEDs I got from GE that ran off a 9-volt battery. Glued the wires in to place and poked the led through the front and glued them in place. Wired in a push button so folks could read the banner and push the button to see it all light up. Sewed black vinyl on the back to hide everything and cut a small pocket into back to change out battery. The black backer is to hide all the wires if light shines from the back.

Its not hard to do and this was for something temporary that could be easily moved to different locations. For longer term - I would use pvc or aluminum.

Moze

Precision Sign Services

If they're a fiber optic company, wouldn't they want to show off their fiber optics? Normally using fiber optics would be pricey, but if that's what they do, why not use their product on a sheet of ACM or similar?

Last edited:

sinclairgraphics1

Sinclair Graphics & Installations
Thanks 10sacer, this will be the route I will probably go with this. I also may suggest to the client putting it on a rigid substrate, but since I know the leds in the banner can be done and look great, that's what I'll strive for.