• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help LEF-12 /problem using white ink on black products

bench.h

Hi, I am new on this forum so I don't know if this is the appropriate place to post this topic. I have the Roland VersaUV LEF-12 and I am having trouble printing on black products. When I print on black products, the image is very fainted and not vivid when i use colors. I also tried using white ink on black products but can't seem to have the white color stand out. The only way I was able to have the white color stand out is print the area over a few times until the white becomes very visible. Can anyone provide me with some assistance? Is there some kind of setting on the printer itself or on photoshop and/or illustrator? Does anyone know the settings? Also do any direct me to any sites that can provide full instructions? Thank you in advance.

DL Signs

Never go against the family
You're doing it right. Printing on black, you won't get full white coverage with a single hit. Depending on the printer and substrate (some just do better than others) it'll often take 2-3, or more layers of white to get full coverage. Think about just painting something black with white, it takes several coats because of the massive contrast, same theory applies with printing. Haven't worked with a Roland for a while, but they usually have a dual or multi-pass setting in Versaworks, that will allow more white passes at once. On our old Acuity over solid black I used to run a double pass of white, then reprint with white/ CMYK and get 3 layers of white in two passes.