• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Leftover Overlaminate

Renato Pinto

Graphics Manager
I was wondering if any of you guys did anything special with leftover overlaminate. A lot of our jobs are high volume so anytime there doesnt seem to be enough to laminate the whole print, we just load a new roll. We keep the rolls since we occasionally have a couple of small jobs that we can use these rolls for but eventually we end up with 10+ rolls of it and we painfully end up throwing them away.

Any ideas of what useful things people do with them?

papabud

Lone Wolf
anything less than 10 feet of lam i toss out.but i only keep 1 or 2 rolls of extra.
trying to milk the last few feet of a roll is more hassle than its worth most of the time.

rjssigns

I use every possible inch of laminate and substrate. But I sell a lot of short run, custom work made from "tails" of bigger jobs. YMMV.

TimToad

I'm waiting for the day when all the other manufacturers besides Helix follow suit and make their laminate 170' instead of the standard 150' rolls like the media. The mere act of webbing the laminator and advancing a laminated print wastes a couple feet of laminate so we always have that imbalance between leftover media and laminate. We can usually use the scraps on little jobs, but anything under 6' feet or so isn't worth webbing.

FatCat

We have both a roll laminator and a flatbed laminator and it works out really well to keep small rolls. We web up the GFP laminator when we have long runs to do and then do odds and ends, specialty laminates on the CWT flatbed - works out wonderfully for us.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hoard it, like everyone else.
It's kind of like how they sell hot dogs and hot dog buns in different quantity packages. ;)