• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lefty....or not?

Left Handed, Right Handed, or Both

• I am Left Handed

Votes: 40 29.4%
  • I am Right Handed

Votes: 74 54.4%
  • Both

Votes: 22 16.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steve.leleaux

I write left handed but can type both handed at the same time...neat huh? I also throw lefty although I was forced to use my right hand to throw with for years. I bat, shoot, golf, bowl, kick and play guitar right handed/footed, non of which I can even attempt left. A lot of things like sqeegees, hammers, and drills I'm fine with either.

Jane Diaz

I didn't quite know how to answer. Although I write, eat, favor my left hand, there are so many things I do with my right only because that was the only way available. There WERE no left handed scissors when I was little so I learned to do it right. You righties probably don't realize how many things ARE right handed...computer mouse, architectural drafting arms, instructions to learn to knit or crochet, guitars, many pieces of sports equipment, on & on. Most of us lefties just learn to adapt!
I was an art teacher years ago. Try teaching a class room full of righties how to do calligraphy as a lefty! I do have a good tip if you are a lefty trying to teach some skill to a righty or vis-versa. I had a heck of a time learning to crochet. My grandma & my mom both tried to show me with no success. Finally in college I read that if I looked in a mirror to observe what they were doing, I could figure it out. BINGO! Why didn't I think of that!!:doh:

bernie

my dad was a lefty while my mom was a righty.

I do most things left but somehow still manage to write with my right.

Definitely drives people nuts when I can eat with my left and write with my right. I think
that's called 'multi tasking'. hehehehe!

The advantage of this is when I'm sandblasting ... one hand gets tired - I switch to the other.

Doesn't everyone do this?

Bernie

Marlene

both. like Fred a teacher made me do things with my right hand. kind of glad as it makes life easier in a lot of ways like using off the self scissors. I am not equal on both hands as I can do things like snap my fingers with the left but can't with the right. tried tennis years ago only to find out could do some moves with left and some with right but no all with either.