• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LEJ-640 VersaUV Scan Motor Error 0040 and problem running Limit Position Initialize

ImageSmith

Soooo many problems with this first generation flatbed non-hybrid UV printer from Roland since 2017. Currently....a frequent Scan Motor Error 0040. One of the suggestions found here is to run the Limit Position Initialize except there's a problem doing that: once you get to the "Setting Up the Limit" command on screen, hitting enter returns the message "REMOVE THE SHEET." Well....there is no sheet to remove as this isn't a hybrid roll/sheet-fed printer but rather a flatbed with the gantry moving the printhead rather than the media moving. Have noticed a lot of strange references in the manual and the software that still refer to the Hybrid setup, things such as "Set the Media Clamps" or "Roll Media Feed" or other totally useless instructions. But in this case, I have no idea how to get past the "REMOVE THE SHEET" instruction to proceed with the Limit Position. There is no media anywhere close to the machine. It won't let me continue until I remove something! Could there be a sensor I could unblock? Something that is triggering the machine to think a "sheet" is in the way?
Any ideas at all? Would be very grateful for your thoughts. Thanks.