• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lemonade Stand Banner

SurfaceSigns

With the summer heat hitting, our neighbour's kids (2 & 4 years old) set up a lemonade stand. They are apparently saving to buy some sort of Hamster toy. I figured I'd help out by supplying a banner, as they didn't have any signage last time around!

While I realize there probably isn't any money in Lemonade Stand banners, has anyone done any such banners or signage? Mind sharing what you put together?

Attachments

• Lemonade-Banner.jpg
    Lemonade-Banner.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 131
S

Stan B

This is one of the best banner designs I seen. Great job. Wouldn't change a thing

SurfaceSigns

Those were my thoughts actually as well, but I was trying to go for something subtle, and when I had black outlines on the lettering, it took away from the look. The design does utilize Drop Shadows on all the lettering, however, again, it was dialled back.

I actually found this project good practice for stepping out of my design norm. I actually was surprised at how little design inspiration there is online for this sort of thing.

very cute...and very nice of you to help out the kids.

the only thing i would suggest is a darker outline as previously mentioned or something to make it POP (darker outline with combined shadow would work well)

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
While I realize there probably isn't any money in Lemonade Stand banners, has anyone done any such banners or signage? Mind sharing what you put together?

I think your kind gesture will make their day. I always try to stop by lemonade stands and give an extra tip, just to encourage young entrepreneurs.

With all the distractions vying for kids' attention these days (TV, computers, video games and such), it's fun to see youngsters with a "can do" attitude.

JB

GypsyGraphics

awwww this is so cute!
The banner is adorable, i might punch up the background a bit to help the lettering stand out better. used your font still for the kids names, but i might like it in Honey Script (used it in the corner text) but couldn't easily cover the kids names with it in this quickie version. and rather than changing or adding any color to the stroke, just gave it a little emboss.
Lemonade-BannerALT.jpg

Last edited:

SurfaceSigns

awwww this is so cute!
The banner is adorable, i might punch up the background a bit to help the lettering stand out better. used your font still for the kids names, but i might like it Honey Script (used it in the corner text) but could easily cover the kids names with it in this quickie version. and rather than changing or adding any color to the stroke, just gave it a little emboss.
View attachment 53114

Very nice work GG, I like the pink! I actually contemplated a pink background, but went back to the yellow to keep with the Lemon theme. I was sort of going for the old-time look, since most of the stuff I do is bright and high impact. This style really isn't my forte, so it was fun just to put together.

I printed the banner up last night, ended up using a product called LightCloth, that is a 6.6 mil fabric material that we use for in-store banners for one of our Spa clients. The material really makes the colours pop.