• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lenticular printing

joeraptor2003

Hi All

I have a client who is looking to get some lenticular banners made up. I am not sure if I can do this in house or if I would need to outsource this. I am currently working with a Mimaki CJV30-100 and a Cold press laminator with all the usual software Adobe CS suite complete. Anyone ever do this before? I have seen it but never have done anything of the sort. Any advice pn the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
joe.

fresh

A lenticular banner sounds REALLY expensive. And I would think it would not work well without a rigid substrate, but I don't know much. Good luck!

MikePro

last I looked into it, you need a special program to setup the print file and a special laminate full of prismatic lenses to translate the garbled image into the 3D effect. I haven't seen it on banners, but then again I've seen it on playing cards so it's possible... to outsource.
anyone feel free to correct me if there's a merchant member that offers the service, but I do know that 4over offers lenticular printing to trade accounts. pricey stuff. $50+ for a postcard-size.
it is definitely available for the in-house wide-format market, as Pitman was running lenticular prints on a UV printer, at the ISA show this past spring but that's basically where I stopped inquiring. I'm holding out for a 3D printer :)

joeraptor2003

HI..Let me re-phrase that.. They are 44 inch panels that will be 8 inches high. Not banner as in roll.
Sorry about that confusion.

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
It is a whole new ball game with stiff learning curve...You better outsource them then taking in the headache... Having say that we do print lenticular in house..once in a blue moon.

J Hill Designs

maybe he/she means cheesy/semi-lenticular like this:

[video=youtube;uTnRq2zXu0A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTnRq2zXu0A[/video]