• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lenticular printing

Tim Kingston

I was wondering if anybody has tried or does lenticular printing. Is it possible / feasible with a large format ( Roland SJ 640 ) using ecosol-max inks? I know it can be done with UV curable type printing, which I don't have access to. I was thinking with the possibilities of Photoshop CS-4 extended and it's 3D capabilities, it might be interesting to try. However I have no idea of the media costs involved?

Thanks. Tim

PS- here is an example of what I mean. I still remember seeing these as a kid in the bottom of a Cracker Jack box!

http://www.big3d.com/effect.shtml

jrsc

I did some lenticular printing back in college. We used a special software to split the image apart for the lens. Then we printed on paper with any printer and mounted the paper to the lens material. I would think with the uv ink you would print directly on the lens material which would make for a better product. You will still need software that reformats your image for the lens.

Mitro

I used to do lenticular a few years back. I used a Inca flatbed which by now the resolution is considered pretty low and a Lambda printing at 400 dpi onto Fuji flex. The software cost about $4000 in 2002. If you can use photoshop then all you need is to print on all you need is an understanding on how resolution, lens type and viewing distance work together. There's a company in the US that sells sheets with the adhesive already on the lens and have specs on what each lens does. I think they're called Big3D.
Good luck

skdave

I'm havinig Jeff at Human Eyes do my grandson pitching left and right. $4.00 for a 4"x6" post card. no min. 100 cost $3.00 each

Custom_Grafx

There's a company who sells the software and kit to do it here. Was one or two thousand I think. I've never had anyone ask about it...

TedNes

Is it possible / feasible with a large format ( Roland SJ 640 ) using ecosol-max inks? I know it can be done with UV curable type printing,

First trick is indeed the software. HumanEyes is the most popular right now it seems, but there are other options.

As for ink technologies, the reason it's being done UV is for alignment to the lens. Lenticular works by lining the image(s) up to the specific lines in the lens. If alignment is off, then the shift of the image doesn't work...

UV prints direct to the lens. Alignment is crucial for a good result, and I have seen many tests on various types of UV printers not work out very well.

Lenticular lens itself is also not cheap...

For this reason, mounting doesn't work for lenticular very well....UV printing is the way to go....

polo

large format lenticular printing

Our company'Trade Show poster is with the size of 1*2m ,which is with fantastic 3D lenticular effect. We have beening cooperating with this company for several years. For more information about large format poster with lenticular effect, you can check out their web site: http://www.3d-leader.com