• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Les Paul Tribute Mural

Joe Diaz

This is what we worked on last weekend. It took 4 of us about 2 1/2 days to paint it. It probably would have only taken 2 had we not had to build our visqueen tent to keep us dry. We used Nova Color paints and cleared it with PrimeCoatings Clear.

Here's more photos: http://diazsignart.com/les-paul-tribute-mural-for-waukesha-wi/

Attachments

• IMG_5525.jpg
    IMG_5525.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 184

Joe Diaz

The Les Paul Foundation wouldn't allow us to use his face. But the guitar on the left hand side is actually the first solid body guitar that he invented. I personally think him inventing multi-track recording is probably his single biggest contribution to the music industry, but since this murals was being painted in "Guitar Town" we thought the subject matter should focus on guitars. Yeah I hope it's something he would approve of, he was a brilliant man.

Joe Diaz

you do some really amazing stuff.
Thanks, but it certainly wasn't just me. My dad and brother with the help of Eric Elmgren from ParkRidge, IL helped bring this thing to life. My brother is actually becoming a really good painter and did the guitar in middle pretty much on his own. He's even starting to pick up pinstripping.

The Les Paul Foundation wouldn't allow us to use his face. But the guitar on the left hand side is actually the first solid body guitar that he invented. I personally think him inventing multi-track recording is probably his single biggest contribution to the music industry, but since this murals was being painted in "Guitar Town" we thought the subject matter should focus on guitars. Yeah I hope it's something he would approve of, he was a brilliant man.

+1+1+1+1 great work guys.

TimToad

Very well done Joe. Great job.

Have either you or Erik ever heard of a brushpusher named Jeff Gibbs from Des Plaines? He's an old buddy and we've lost track of each other.

Craig Sjoquist

The design /layout & colors are awesome plus all the detail just makes this pop just right & a image of like you are playing a guitar

bigben

I would love to learn how to do this. Do you have any books/website recommendation I can check out to learn more?