Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesson Learned

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by crystalcoastgraphics, Aug 23, 2012.

1. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Why do other shops do this. Of all the websites to look at, I have to find another wrap shop in our state and found one of our designs in there blog with there logo and shop information listed right on the design. I mean this is taking credit for someone else's work, right? Looking at the layout...isn't it?

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Is it your design.... or did you design and wrap the truck ?? There is a difference.

3. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    What lesson did you learn? I'm confused.

4. Craig Sjoquist

Craig Sjoquist Major Contributor

Jun 18, 2004
    Orlando
    Wait a minute... you designed the wrap.... then wrapped the truck.

Geez even if you just designed it & they are not giving you credit for design.

5. crystalcoastgraphics

crystalcoastgraphics Member

Sep 30, 2011
    North Carolina
    Gino, he was a customer of ours that we had a history with. He talked about doing a wrap, so we did a quick proof of 1 side to try and get him to get it done. Just to try and get the idea in his head of what it could look like. The price was to high for him so he went with a completely different idea, with much less wrapping. In the mean time he sent the design to someone else just to get a quote on it as well to see if we were in the same ballpark with our pricing. And there you have it, they didn't even wrap the vehicle like this, just posted our proof on there site with there logos and contact info on it.

6. weaselboogie

weaselboogie Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2006
    Us
    Cease and Desist

7. Gino

Gino Major Contributor

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Since the job doesn't even exist..... I believe you're gonna have a hard time getting someone to take that off their site. It's an 'Example' and you can't prove it wasn't, since it was never fabricated...... by anyone.

Anyway, be glad they're using it and post up a picture of what this historical customer had you do in the mean-time for real.