• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Let down by Roland

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Colin......

I understand what you're saying. I'm not making light of what's happened or what will happen, but if this member here can't get you fixed up..... why would Roland believe your story over 1,000's of others trying to pull the wool over their eyes ??

In no way am I saying you are lying or cheating them, but if they have guidelines and you are arguing with them, just because you are you and know yourself, you are merely a p!ssed of customer to them.

When you look at it from their standoint, they get these complaints probably on a daily basis and you want them to believe you....... don't you think every one complaining wants them to believe them, too ??

I bid you the best... and think unless this member here gets you your wishes granted, that letter... is your only hope no matter how you pooh-pooh it.

If you're not willing to go to a little extra work to prove your point, why should they bend over backwards to please you ??

Good luck.........

Colin

Heads don't last forever...

For sure, but this started at about 10-12 months of light use.

Decent profiling will enable neutral 4 colour greys so you don't have to try and print them with only one channel.

I'd like to explore this further if anyone is willing & able to help. I'm largely using Oracal 3651 matte, and have downloaded their canned profile, but nothing further.

What is the Roland warranty on heads?

1 year, but again, the system seems all set up for them to walk away from any responsibility. I was told by my dealer that it could only be a result of a head strike. I think that the high carbon content of the black ink makes this false.

Colin

.....why would Roland believe your story over 1,000's of others trying to pull the wool over their eyes?

In no way am I saying you are lying or cheating them, but if they have guidelines and you are arguing with them, just because you are you and know yourself, you are merely a p!ssed of customer to them.

When you look at it from their standpoint, they get these complaints probably on a daily basis and you want them to believe you.......don't you think every one complaining wants them to believe them, too?

I know what you mean, but the thing is, I have demonstrated and provided solid evidence to them that this began within the warranty period, and that the dealer didn't do anything about it. They do not dispute this, rather, they hide behind the Scan Error report thingy within the printer. If the many others who bring complaints are not able to provide the evidence like I have, then you're correct.

If you're not willing to go to a little extra work to prove your point, why should they bend over backwards to please you?

I have already proven my point to them, they just refuse to accept it by using the above-mentioned excuse. I appreciate your input, but with your "letter of demand" idea, you are suggesting something other than "proving my point".

hyperdrive

I had a similar looking calibration..head rubs will cause that as well..What I meen is oracal vinly does ripple from excess heat, I know, I use it. What it looks like is head deflection. Did you try to soak a cleaning swab with cleaning fuid and lightly dab(not rub) the head..I tried the soak, ect..my tech recommended as a last effort before replacement. Worked like a charm.

Colin

My previous tech tried a number of things with no success. My new tech says that when a few nozzles get plugged, drawing ink or cleaning solution through the head won't coax the material causing the plug to release because there's not enough pressure to blow it out, due to the free flow of the rest of the head/nozzles. Not only that, but doing so is hard on the head.

shrug

jasonx

Clear warranty issue. You only had two heads in that machine.

Pretty sure black is with cyan from when I had a SP540.

They should replace that head under warranty.

On my SP540 I had that head swapped about 2-3 times over 3-4 years.

stickarz

I had a Similar Problem

BTW, here the other test print, showing the permanently deflected nozzles.

I had the same as this after mine sitting idle for a week only on the K though (xc-540) after I put in 5 new heads and I resolved the problem, I turned the main power off wound the head capping down manually folded the pump hoses and pegged them from draining moved the head carriage away manually filled the capping station cups with cleaning solution brought the heads back to the capping station wound them up to meet the heads and let it sit overnight soaking. Next morning replaced the hoses to the pump (unkinked them) fired it up did a medium clean and perfect Your image is deflection of nozzels I think Mine looked the same until I soaked it Good luck please follow your own instinct this is only what I did to rectify deflection Mark

rjssigns

You have a bad roll of media or there is something wrong electronically(head board, ribbon cable, encoder etc...) or mechanically. My SP540V has deflection and complete nozzle drops on K and a couple others and it prints great. We print for some very fussy clients and they are thrilled with the output. (prints are done at standard in vw)

Just my 2 cents...

Colin

.....I turned the main power off wound the head capping down manually folded the pump hoses and pegged them from draining moved the head carriage away manually filled the capping station cups with cleaning solution brought the heads back to the capping station wound them up to meet the heads and let it sit overnight soaking. Next morning replaced the hoses to the pump (unkinked them) fired it up did a medium clean and perfect.

Yes, that's been done two or three times. Not overnight though, 30-60 minutes I think.