• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lets talk heat press(s)

curtrnev

The neon pink delmainated when peeled hot.It looked like it has a white base layer,I let the shirt cool and repressed with the mylar sheet still attached and it worked fine.Just in case I repressed with a teflon sheet. The instructions with that color says that it can not be layered.

Curtis

binki

We have the DK20S and it is very heavy. Get a stand with wheels. You will thank yourself. Also, we put all of our outlets above so no cords are on the floor. We also have hooks that hold the cords up and out of the way.

Some thoughts.
Auto open, wish we had done that. When you cook your first shirt you will find out why.
Swinger, Very nice but does take a lot of room. Also, DK has a shuttle (2 lower platen) for prepping one side while the other is pressing. We may add this at some point
Size, if you are taking one on the road then get a 15x15 clam. Your back will thank you. Otherwise get the biggest one you can afford and again, put wheels under it.
Brand Name, go with one. The ones on ebay or otherwise the no brand name ones will give you inconsistent results (or so I have heard)
Used, Look for a used one if your budget is a concern. Craig's list may be a starting place or your local vendor may have a repo or demo unit. Also, go to one of the shows, they sell the demo units there too.

2STRONG

I would say to go with a 16x20 it always better to have a bigger press than a small one. I have a 16x20 mighty press and I have not had any problems 1 yr old. got it from imptintables. If you don't have to much money id say mighty is the one to go with. Beware of the $200 ones from ebay although there has been some people who have been lucky but that's the chance you take. Better be safe and buy from a reliable place. Nothing like piece of mind