Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question Letter size paper for SC80600?

Discussion in 'Epson' started by craigwojo, Dec 10, 2020.

1. craigwojo

craigwojo Member

Sep 23, 2005
    I own an Epson SC80600 printer and was wondering how to print to a letter-size (or small) size media?

Looked in the guide but couldn't find anything. I received some sample packets of media and they sent me letter-size sheets.

Thak you and God bless,
    Craig

Tags:
  2. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Officially you can't do it. MInimum spec is 300mm wide and 500mm long.

upload_2020-12-11_8-58-13.png

You might need to tape it to some other media and adjust head height to compensate.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Boudica

Boudica I'm here for educational purposes.

Dec 21, 2018
    WA State
    I'm not sure those samples are meant to print on. On our XR, we can cheat and block the sensor in back so the printer thinks there is more media, but I haven't found a way to do that with our Epson. You can try turning the media thing off - sorry, I'll figure out what it's called...

Edit: the "media thing" I'm referring to is... click on the little roll icon under the power button, then go down to "Media Remaining", click into there, click on "Length" and turn it "off". That might work

• Like Like x 1
  4. unclebun

unclebun Very Active Member

If the 80600 is like the 70670, you can't run sheet media. If it cannot sense back pressure on a supply roll, an alarm goes off that it's out of media.

• Like Like x 1
  5. a77

a77 Member

Jul 8, 2011
    Canada
    I've taped sample material onto a full-width, full-roll media. Maybe raise the head height to be safe.

• Like Like x 1