• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letterhead Style Signs?

ABPGraphics

Alright, about 2 weeks ago posted the website http://letterheadfonts.com/index.php and I was just shocked at the level of detail and design that goes into them and I was wondering where to they get all those swirls? Do they hand create every single one of them? I tried replicating one of the signs cause I figure the best way to get good at design is practice and I didn't get very far before I realized making them by hand in Flexi would take me probably 30 minutes to an hour per Swirly Doodad and some of those signs have like 50 of them. Any tips? I know they offer a package you can buy from them but someone had to make them and I'm wondering where that person started.

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
Golden Studios is a merchant here..

then there is 'Butler Gold' and 'Palms Trilogy'

ABPGraphics

Absolutely gorgeous stuff. I need to put some LHF fonts into the budget this year.

I 100 percent agree. But do they make all the swirls by hand? They would take me forever to do so where do you start?

And a quick google search of "Palms Trilogy" only yields images and articles of the massive man-made palm tree shaped isle in Dubai >.>

Monsterkidz

Actually whenever I had designed ornamental stuff like what your talking about, I always looked at textiles for inspiration. (I worked as a graphic designer in the fashion industry for years) I would then scan fabrics & patterns that I liked and work on them in Illustrator or start sketching until I drew up something that I liked.

But the stuff we were working on was nowhere near as elaborate as LHF.

Steve C.

I make most of my own flourishes. Doing it in flexi may not be the best
idea. I have a real hard time with node editing in flexi. I use corel, illustrator
would be good too. Start by drawing the vector with a pen tool, node edit
from there. There are lots of places to purchase them, there are even a few
decent ones in Art Explosion Clip Art. Here's a example of one of mine.

carolinapanel1_copy.jpg