• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lettering on a shipping Container

frojasferrari

What would you guys use for lettering a shipping container???
I have a client that wants to do 300 containers lettering

Any idea?

TammieH

More information needed, approximate square footage of vinyl is helpful....is it just a large logo and or company name?

Would you quote a job with the info provided?

frojasferrari

just lettering, those 4 letters and the numbers on the container on the top right.
I assume cut vinyl will be just fine, but thats why I´m asking the gurus.
I dont know much more, even the guy who wants them dont know much about size, he only knows the letter-number combination, and the number of stickers he wants... what would you use?

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20ftgreen.jpg
    20ftgreen.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 561

Speedsterbeast

Oracal 651 if it's white or black and doesn't need more than 5 years.
Oracal 751 if you never want to worry about any issues for 7 plus years

kanini

We've done a couple hundred of these containers and a manual that we got (which specifies how to make these markings, they are standardized) says you strictly HAVE to use cast material or paint, calendered is forbidden. I'd recommend you check with your client what material they want since there is regulations/standardizations for these markings and you don't want to redo/fail with your quote on this amount... Good luck!