• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lettering Tracks

SignStudent

A potential customer called and asked for a quote on a changeable letter sign. He already has one but it's old and has a hole in one of the faces. It's a 3'x4' sign with 4 rows of 7" letters.

Who would you guys recommend for purchasing a new face with the tracks?

dman0427

you can buy the tracks and acrylic and make it yourself if you wanted. Attach the tracks with that liquid that welds plastic together.

Its not too hard either, just have to make sure your spacing & measurements are correct before welding the tracks.

Gemini has some tracks.There are a couple of suppliers here locally that sell the tracks for the cheaper bendy letters.
I know Herring has them, maybe Grimco?
I can look tomorrow.

Wes Phifer

I use weld-on. I made spacers from 1x4's cut to length for each letter size. It makes it easier next time you need to make one with the same size letters.

Mosh

Acrylic panel, gemini tracks, weld-on glue. Simple, just cut some plywood to the space you need and apply the tracks using the plywood as a spacer. Done it a thousand times. PM me if you need help.

Jillbeans

I use Glantz.
They sell substrate and will cut to size for a nominal fee, they sell the tracks and the letters.
Have had more luck with rivets than the Weld-On #16 but I make my son do those.
Have also used double-sided tape to apply the tracks.
Love.....Jill

Signco Inc

General Manager
I use Wagner Zip letter in melrose park illinois. Their catalog if very good to giving you the measurements for the tracks which are all different (Top, Mutual and Bottom) and the space required between them for the do-it-yourselfer. If you don't order from them their book is a must for your desk drawer.