• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Letters on a curved wall

Jean Shimp

Need to put 14" x 14" wide letters on a curved wall. Letter stroke about 1" at widest part. Want to use metal letters but the letters would have to be flexible enough to conform to the curve. Looking at the site plan showing the 13' wall radius there will be an issue with a gap of about 1/4" on the left and right extreme ends if the center of the letter is flush to the wall. The wall is concrete block with stucco finish. Would 1/8" thick aluminum be pliable enough to glue/stud to the wall to close the gap? If not, will HDU work better? The letters will be dark brown so PVC will not work due to thermal expansion. Thanks.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Need a bird's eye view of the wall. In 13', I doubt it can curve that much in that you'd need to bend the letters. If you must bend the letters, how will you pre-drill it and stay with the plan ??

You're gonna be lucky, if you can fit 10 letters on that wall. Sounds too big.