• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lever Sensor Error on Rockhopper II

tandem signs

I'm getting this error on my Rockhopper II its the "E 080 Error Lever Sensor Error". I had a new sensor laying around from when the capping station one went so I tried replacing both of them individually and both times the error came back. Does anyone think this could be the motor or the main board? Its the only thing wrong right now with the machine, its been working fine for a few months since my last major issue. Granted its in use all the time but does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Keith

tandem signs

Ok so I tried a few things out this morning and still am having problems. It is kind of weird, I turned the machine off and manually raised the levers then turned the machine on and the levers went down like they should. But now when I go to raise them I get the message and have to start all over again. This to me is very strange, could the motor go in just one direction? I would think if the motor were to go it would just completely go? Please any ideas?

guitarguy69

From a technician friend of mine.

[FONT=&quot]The rock hopper series, Jr's and such have been obsolete for so long no longer have [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]documentation.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]However, those series of printers had various sets of sensors. The defective cover switches could throw false sensor[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]errors. Waste tank present switches know for sticking. Also the media present sensors, and edge detectors on[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]carriage were very subject to ultra violet sunlight, even to much fluorescent and incandescent bright lights. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Sorry don't have access to more detail documentation.[/FONT]

tandem signs

Did you try powering off with the levers down, then un-plug for ten minutes. Attach power and power up?

I didn't try unplugging it with the levers down. I'll do that now! Thanks!! I've had a lot of sensor issues on this machine, they seem to always 'die' on me...