• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lever stuck in open position

WestbankKurt

Ok the lever that raises and lowers the rollers on our JV3-160 is stuck in the open position. The last few days its been a little sticky but didnt think much of it as it is the older of two machines and seen more usage. Today as I pushed it it suddenly tightened up and would not go in any futher. Has anyone had this problem, does anyone have a solution short of a tech call? Ive already emailed the tech but I know many of the people of this site have had simular problems so I am looking here first for a cheap solution before my boss chops my head off. Thank you for any help!

Mosh

I had a roland plotter do that years back. A screw had just worked loose and wedged itself in there and stuck the thing open. Open her up and take a look, might be something that simple, cheaper than a service call to start with.