• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lexjet Media for HPL25500??

Suz

I'm looki'n for some reviews on the Lexjet Medias...

Anybody have any experience with this Co's materials?

Specifically, I'm looking for a good printable calendered clear and also a white adhesive material for doing stickers, window decals, outdoor sign boards, that type of thing.

I found their Item: SAV554g - 5 mil, PRICED AT $122.00 FOR 54"X150FT.
The description does not say if it is clear or white, but I will call them Monday.

Also, looking at their UV overlaminates for the above mentioned materials.
They have: Elite Luster UV Vinyl Laminate, 3.2 mil, 51x150ft - $316.00
It's calendered, costs more than the printable medium. Wow!

What do you think?
:thankyou:

dypinc

One great thing about LexJet is you can order the media and try it and if it does work for you they will take it back and give you credit.

I would also look at Grimco and Advantage Sign Supply for this type of material.

Freese

Try Grimco...I forgot exactly the name of it but I've used something similar with the L25500 with success

HulkSmash

Grimco has their briteline line...which is good for the money

It's about $120 for a 54x150ft roll of white adhesive vinyl.
and then like $160 for the lam.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Or you can give me a shot, my SGV 5 Mil works great in the latex and is only $85 for 54"x150' roll. My UV Laminate 54"x150' is also only $95.62 same thing with me if you dont like the product you get a full refund.

ProColorGraphics

Or you can give me a shot, my SGV 5 Mil works great in the latex and is only $85 for 54"x150' roll. My UV Laminate 54"x150' is also only $95.62 same thing with me if you dont like the product you get a full refund.

Hey Josh.

Can you get that laminate in a 30"? I have a ton of labels to make and I like the setup with printing/cutting on 30" media. I see the 30" vinyl in your price guide but not the laminate.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Hey Josh.

Can you get that laminate in a 30"? I have a ton of labels to make and I like the setup with printing/cutting on 30" media. I see the 30" vinyl in your price guide but not the laminate.

I can do 30" but you have to take 2 at a time so I can just cut the 61" rolls in half.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I can send you some 8.5x11 to see what they look like on prints, you will not use another brand once you have tried this stuff.

ProColorGraphics

I can send you some 8.5x11 to see what they look like on prints, you will not use another brand once you have tried this stuff.

The sooner I can see a sample, if you can have a printed one off a L25500 would be great, the better as I need to decide and get this stuff ordered as soon as possible.

Suz

Thanks Everyone!

Thanks for all the great info here, you are all the BEST!!!
Josh, I'm very interested in what you have... Please send me some printed samples too, from the Latex if you can. I'd like to see the printed sample with and without the laminate. Thanks so much!!!

ddarlak

Go Bills!
don't even have the HP out of the box yet but i'm lining up a job for it next week. looking to do interior backlit, usually i print on translucent vinyl and apply - thinking of just printing on translucent polyester and taping it onto the white lexan and into the sign cabinets.

anyone printing on Sihl Optilux Backlit film wiht the HP 25500????

Suz

don't even have the HP out of the box yet but i'm lining up a job for it next week. looking to do interior backlit, usually i print on translucent vinyl and apply - thinking of just printing on translucent polyester and taping it onto the white lexan and into the sign cabinets.

anyone printing on Sihl Optilux Backlit film wiht the HP 25500????

ddarlak - Great Question! I was wondering the same, have been looking seriously at the Sihl products. Anyone??? I may have a backlit sign to do too, but interested in all Sihl products...

Well, anyone using it? We want the good, the bad, the ugly :thankyou: