• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

LG Chem

alaskaprinter

I tried using LG Chem for vehicle wraps with no success do to stretching capabilities. Has anyone been successful using this product, or should I just throw it away??

Rich

Bigdawg

Just Me
If I remember right... all LG Chem products are calendared vinyl... not any good for wrapping... but fine for other printed signs...

Jim Doggett

Are you bringing it to the right temperature? A surface-temp reader is really a must for stretching and shrinking, if you're not already using one.

Best,

Jim

Wrapture

I've used it but it finishes out like poo. Cant imagine why anyone would buy it. If you're trying to save a buck Arlon or Gamut are much better choices by far.

P

ProWraps™

lg. junk. gamut. junk. arlon.... eh. not junk. just very aggressive. if saving .10 sq/ft is the game you are running, well then, your running the wrong game.

buy 3M, do it right, and dont worry about having to redo a wrap and lose money. trust me, we know. we are redoing a wrap for a national company that GOT CHEAP and bought fellers brand material because they wanted to save .10 sq/ft. in the end, we got screwed, and they have to reprint the wrap.

do it right, or leave it to the professionals.

Wrapture

Firmly agree, but you know there are some that are going to try to pinch pennies for whatever reason. I don't mind using / learning brand 'whatever' products on gov'ment jobs around the shop. Live jobs are 3M generally. Is the per job cost really worth it? No.

I am toying around with the idea of Oracal simply because they seem to care more about the end user than MMM.

PMG

The only thing i wrap with LG is race cars...LG is crap otherwise .:covereyes:The price just ,dropped 60$ on a combo vinyl/lam im now paying 360$ for the air free and lam.