• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Library sign

Craig Sjoquist

Some of ya may have seen this already so for the rest.
Made from recycled pallets, Be Bond, smalts, imitation red gold & gold, new 1-Shot, Apoxie for library.
Hand drawn, lettered & made in less then 10 hours in 2 weeks.

I have one great customer that likes using gold & smalts & anything else I come up with & the freedom to just go at it.

Attachments

• 3-4 11 16 008.jpg
    3-4 11 16 008.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 259
  • 4-4 11 16 006.jpg
    4-4 11 16 006.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 254

geb

Great thought and design Craig. That is what I call a classic work of art, done in a short amount of time.

George

Craig Sjoquist

Thank you yawl
Yes George only info customer gave me was make it like others, use a older shape, gold, smalts, & some older decorative image.

Searched some shapes, combined a few ideas, the letter styles I was already using on other signs along with colors & gold. so then it was why not add dimension without getting carried away since affordability came into mind, so molding the letters with Apoxie by hand & not doing perfect shaping, & smoothing out made it easy & quick 1 hour, besides a hours worth of mixing & shaping ya hands are tired, it is a 2 part epoxy clay that ya mix for a few minutes by hand.

Also I knew I had designed in alot of gold which meant outlining it all ( even simplified that as I painted in the size ) before smalts is poured on, just seems to look better & sharper when done.

& yes Ams this is for a Oddities antique store with lots of pricey items care to buy a 1700s wood hand carved full size lion, some of ya may have seen it before, was in Oklahoma military base since WW2 & Europe before that.
So historic look indeed even the recycled pallets are not perfectly lined up, letting a bit of warp show fit well with rough letters.
Even the books in there are odd or really rare & old.

Thank yawl for noticing