• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Life after signs?

vinylvillain

I've been outside sales for 2.5 years for a small franchise, but with the company for 6 years under various other positions except production unless needed. I would love to buy the store from the franchisee, but that's not realistic at the moment, and it's time for a change for my mental/physical health and my new/growing family.

I have no college degree, but a ton of experience. What other jobs would be in a pay range of $50-$65k that would go good with my skillset? I'm literally at a loss here.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

AKwrapguy

I've been outside sales for 2.5 years for a small franchise, but with the company for 6 years under various other positions except production unless needed. I would love to buy the store from the franchisee, but that's not realistic at the moment, and it's time for a change for my mental/physical health and my new/growing family.

I have no college degree, but a ton of experience. What other jobs would be in a pay range of $50-$65k that would go good with my skillset? I'm literally at a loss here.

If your doing sales than you might be able to transfer that to other advertising mediums. You can look at local media sales such as radio/TV maybe if you have a good enough relationship you can either look at going to an agency or even starting your own. You can also look at other shops in the area.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Become an installer and hire out to shops which can't do it. You'll be wa-a-a-ay over $65 your first year if you do your homework upfront.

fuzzy_cam

The Granbury Wrap & Sign Guy
If you've been working in sales for sign shop, i'd think you could easily transition to sales position for materials supplier (Fellers or N. Glantz, etc). Not sure what that pays, however.

bannertime

Hey, if you can come sell 500k to 650k a year, we'd gladly offer you a job, set you up to take over our business.

vinylvillain

My sales fiscal year 2016/2017, we're $375k, for 2017/2018, I hit $410k - I'm looking to get out of signs though unless I was owner lol..
Hey, if you can come sell 500k to 650k a year, we'd gladly offer you a job, set you up to take over our business.

equippaint

Just a word of caution, the economy has been on an steady incline for more time than you have been in sales. When times are good, sales look good and will skew what your actual capabilities are since your territory/market will be the greater determinant of results. In my last sales job, in a different industry 2005-2010 as a top revenue producer, I would average around 400k/month and not even start to move market share numbers in the territory. Don't kid yourself in how much business that you do not tap. You can pat yourself on the back for what you do get or kick yourself in the as* for what you don't.
If you think you want to be an owner, take what you think they make and cut it in half... at least.