• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Life expectancy of FC8600?

PrintQueen

Can anyone give me an approximate life expectancy of a Graphtec FC8600? We purchased ours in 2017, and it's still going strong, but I'm just trying to get an idea of how much longer I've got until I'll need to start being on the hunt for an upgrade. I guesstimated 6 years from purchase, but...?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If they are anything like the FC7000 machines in build quality, I have seen them last 10+ years with good care. Of course it depends highly on how much you use it.

PrintQueen

If they are anything like the FC7000 machines in build quality, I have seen them last 10+ years with good care. Of course it depends highly on how much you use it.

that's kind of what I was hoping. We treat it pretty well. definitely gets good use, but hoping it will last us a while.
Thanks!

whatsinaname

Yeah, I have to agree the FC7000 were built for hard work..Was cutting a lot smoother than the FC8600. I have already replaced pinch rollers on both my FC8600 in the last 2 years or so. Not built to last too long I would say. 3-4 years may be and you will be placing a few parts on the 8600.

ikarasu

Why did you need to replace pinch rollers? I'm guessing you mean.the wheels and not the assembly. In which case both machines use the same wheels.

We had a 7000 for 15+ years. Then a 8000 since 2008 that we still use daily. Just got a 8600 and a 9000 as well. The 8000 needed a board replacement after a power outage...other than that no maintenance besides a cutting strip and a wheel replacement once.

The only complaint about graphtec quality... The buttons tend to break. We took ours apart and the buttons are held on by a thin piece of plastic that's paper thin..... So half.the buttons on our 8000 are loose... Other than that it's still running perfect.

Stacey K

I like making signs
My FC7000 was bought in 2007/2008 - that makes it 12/13 years old, it cuts beautifully! The best money I've ever spent, excellent machine!