• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Life of an Edge Head

Jase

I'm pretty disappointed in one of our Edges. We have held back on purchasing FX's as we run a number of Edge 2's. We decided to add a factory refurb to our existing Edges 18 months ago and I believe we have a blown pixel in this machine. I'm more than disappointed as our other machines are probably 15 years old+ with no issues.

We have a maintenace contract but the Head is excluded so this will have to be purchased. Fortunately the blown pixel is at the top of the Edge and we can work around it but I have to say I am a little disappointed.

We are just waiting for the service engineer to visit to confirm.

Are there issues with 'newer' heads? I notice that visually they do look differnt to the older machines.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Check your local craigslist or Ebay, there are usually used Edge machines out there available for less than the price of a replacement head.
I have used every version of the Edge, and in my opinion the Edge 2s are the most reliable. The EdgeFX was always ruining vinyls and needing cleaning.
All of our heads here are original to the machines, keeping the machines clean is the most important thing you can do for them.

Jase

Thanks, we have a few old LE's in stock so can always raid those and we always use the Gerber cards to clean the heads. Always a bit OTT with them :) I'm going to go back to Gerber as we are a very good customer and I think there has to be a manufacturing fault with this one as I have never had this issue before :(

Thanks