• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

lifespan of cap tops?

ftmrc

What is the average time many of you get out of the cap tops on a roland sp540v?

Just wondering how often they should be changed under average printing usage (2-3 times a week)?
Thanks

Drip Dry

My Versacamm is 5 years old and only changed once...( I think) and that was when they had to change a head.

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Depends on how you maintain them and printer use. If your using OEM inks they can last a few years when properly cleaned on a lightly used printer. After market inks are usually hotter and the caps need a little more attention or replacement.

inkmed

as normal, the cap top for solvent printers like Roland sp540 lifespan is 6 months.
actually, you can change them depends on your printing work, if your print work is not busy, the cap top can be keep for a long time.

Adam Yang
Inkmed

guillermo

I just changed mine for the firs time about 4 months ago, the printer was bought in 2005, and did not need to be replaced but I paid $25.00 each, that is the reason for the change

DCaptDan

Cap top symptoms

When you get drop outs on your nozzles and a medium cleaning doesn't bring it back, this could be a sign that the cap top needs to be replaced. You can put a few drops of cleaning solution on the cap top and it should absorb fairly quickly. If the solution just sits there or drains very slowly, this is also a sign it needs replacing.