Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lifespan of cap tops?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by ftmrc, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ftmrc

ftmrc New Member

Jul 30, 2009
    What is the average time many of you get out of the cap tops on a roland sp540v?

Just wondering how often they should be changed under average printing usage (2-3 times a week)?
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    My Versacamm is 5 years old and only changed once...( I think) and that was when they had to change a head.

3. Pacific Coast Sign

Pacific Coast Sign Active Member

Jun 19, 2008
    Portland, OR
    Cap top last (approx) 18 months and should be replaced.

4. Mike Paul

Mike Paul Major Contributor

Dec 30, 2003
    NJ
    Depends on how you maintain them and printer use. If your using OEM inks they can last a few years when properly cleaned on a lightly used printer. After market inks are usually hotter and the caps need a little more attention or replacement.

5. inkmed

inkmed Member

Jan 4, 2010
    as normal, the cap top for solvent printers like Roland sp540 lifespan is 6 months.
    actually, you can change them depends on your printing work, if your print work is not busy, the cap top can be keep for a long time.

Adam Yang
    Inkmed

6. guillermo

guillermo Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Northridge, California
    I just changed mine for the firs time about 4 months ago, the printer was bought in 2005, and did not need to be replaced but I paid $25.00 each, that is the reason for the change

7. Drip Dry

Drip Dry Very Active Member

Aug 11, 2004
    Long island NY
    What symptom do you get if you have bad captops

8. DCaptDan

DCaptDan New Member

Jun 26, 2009
    Cap top symptoms

When you get drop outs on your nozzles and a medium cleaning doesn't bring it back, this could be a sign that the cap top needs to be replaced. You can put a few drops of cleaning solution on the cap top and it should absorb fairly quickly. If the solution just sits there or drains very slowly, this is also a sign it needs replacing.