• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Lifetime Errors

I have had my VJ1204 since mid 2009 and it has been a workhorse. I replaced the head and maintenance stations 2 years ago this Feb. From what I understand by default the machine is programmed to give the "lifetime errors" within a certain period of the machines life.

Within the last few months the first lifetime error I received was the lifetime error for the CR motor "lifetimes CR" I have a motor on stand by and ready to install if or when my current one fails.

The current situation I would like to explore with my knowledgeable fellow members is, today I got a "lifetimes head". As stated before the head is approx. 21 months old and fires PERFECTLY. I assume this is too a "stock" error message that is programmed to come up within a certain time of the machines life.

My question is for this "lifetime head" error, is there some type of reset for this? To let the machine know there is a new head installed.

Maybe a motion similar to when you empty the waste tank and you let the machine know the tanks are empty?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Yes, all lifetime errors are just timers that go off no matter the condition of the part. Just so you know, I have worked on Mutohs for almost 10 years and not once has a CR motor gone bad. I have even had some customers force me to change the motor because they thought that would fix their machine and it never has.

Anyway, to reset the lifetime counters you have to go into service mode and manually reset each item. Hold the left, down and right keys while powering on. Once it boots scroll down to the second menu item which should be, "Init Counter" or something like that. In that menu you can reset each item. Just make sure not to hit enter on the, "All" or "NVRAM" options as that will reset your machine back to factory specs.

Fantastic! Thanks for the info VanderJ. EXACTLY what I wanted to hear. The Cr motor was a fairly cheap part so I thought it would be wise precautionary to have one on hand just in case. I really don't like being down. It's awesome to hear I probably will never need to swap it out.