• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light Band Across Prints

JFERG90

I have attached pictures of the following issue.

We run on a 54" Roland 545 SolJet, and use ecosolvent inks.

We are expierencing the issue in darker blues and blacks. Its a light band that randomly runs across the entire print. It is always about the same width in size (1").

We have tried a number of different service issue solutions and cant seem to find the solution.

Does anyone recognize the issue or have a possible solutions please help.

Thank you very much.

Band 1.jpg

band 2.jpg

tanneji

we have that issue periodically. still have not found a solution other than it does it sometimes and others it doesn't. One thing of note is that it seems to be 4 or 6 full passes every time. If we have it set to 4 pass, then it's 4 passes wide. Same with 6 passes. We have not had it as much while using the RIPC profiles.

Letterbox Mike

Is that in the scan width or the feed direction? If it's in the feed direction (perpendicular to the movement of the head) try cleaning your encoder strip.

JFERG90

Thanks Guys

thanks for all the responses we are yet to find a solution to the problem.

What exactly is RIPC profiles?

JF.

tanneji

It might be printer specific but Roland released a firmware update for the vp-540 and others along with some profiles that have [RIPC] before them. They are much faster and meant to reduce banding and for the most part, they work really well.

Sticky Signs

I get similar results because my printer chokes sometimes. I think it has something to do with the information not getting to the printer fast enough. Every time the head stalls, I get a line depending on the media. I only notice this on huge files though. Still haven't figured it out.

slangsc

I have an older 2004 SC-540. I see this band from time to time. When it starts to become more numerous, I do a full head alignment and bi-dir calibration and that seems to take care of it. From what I can tell, it's either from the pulley cable stretching over time or the slow wearing out of the scan motor making occasional passes become mis-aligned. I'm just about to the point where those items need to be replaced, but the head alignments are the only thing that has seemed to make this go away. But they eventually come back.

OKEE SIGNGUY

occationaly mine will do that and every time it does it is because the media has used up all of the slack from the roll to the printer...
am I saying that right...?
in other words...once loading the media I always unroll it down almost to the floor...but sometimes on a longer print if I am not paying attention the slack gets used up and the printer is forced to pull it from the roll causing that exact thing to happen...