• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Light banding on JV3

SameDay Signs

Have a JV3 130SPII with which I use nazdar inks in and recently noticed light banding in all colors. I am using orajet 3164 on 720x720 mode in bi directional and on 35 degrees pre and post heat. I have tried in uni directional as well. Never really had an issue and when I do nozzle wash and everything it all comes out good but it is light banding on every color now and need some help

Any help would be much much appreciated. I did just buy some Oracal 3651 and will see if that helps incase its the media but I doubt it since its on any media I use

Thanks in advance
Scott

Letterbox Mike

Hey Scott, try turning your heat up a little, 35/35 is on the low side. Not sure if it'll solve your banding but it's worth a shot.

When you do a test draw how does it look? Any nozzle deflection?

Post a pic of the banding if you could, it's hard to diagnose without seeing it.

dmcprint

SameDay Signs - Depending on your location and where you purchased your inks, your distributor may be able to offer support. Banding can come from a whole number of problems. Posting a photo (like suggested above) is the best way to diagnose these issues. Also, please do not forget that Nazdar Technical Support online at http://www.nazdar.com/tech_support_req.asp This reaches our entire Nazdar Technical Support staff.